In October, 1947 a few people in the southwest part of Temple felt the need of mission work and met in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Travis (Ednah) Evetts. As interest grew, a mission, sponsored by Memorial Baptist Church with Rev. George Brown as pastor, was formed.
Rev. Clay Burns served as pastor of the mission, starting with 19 members in Sunday School. By May 1948, two lots had been purchased and a one-room building had been built by the Brotherhood men of Memorial.
Temple Heights Baptist Mission church continued to grow, and Heights Baptist Church was organized on August 7, 1949, with approximately 51 members
Called to Pastor Heights Baptist Church